Thursday, December 3, 2020

Personal Influence- Harry Potter Series

 




When I was a kid, I hated reading.  The first book I read all the way through was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  My mom had seen it on Good Morning America and thought I might read it.  She was right.  I read the entire book in one sitting.  Harry Potter opened a new world for me; the world of magic and the fantastic in books.  Until that point, I had only watched TV or movies within the fantasy genre.  I had never allowed myself to be dragged into a world from a book.




From then on, I was an avid reader.  This was a huge turning point in my life.  I was turned on to books, and would eventually start writing.  It wasn't long after that I wrote a poem about a mouse in a house fire that got published somewhere.  I can't remember where.  I don't think I knew it was a big deal.  So, I appreciate the Harry Potter series very much for helping me get to where I am today.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Japan in America: What are some of the most influential Japanese exports in America?

1. Hello Kitty When I first started giving this some thought, I wanted to see what I could think of on my own before doing any research.  He...