Monday, December 7, 2020

Personal Influence - Disney

 


Disney was a huge influence on me during my childhood, and even still today.  My mom bought us every Disney movie that was put on VHS.  My parents, my sister, and I watched those movies all the time.

One of our favorite things to do was sing Disney songs.  Back then, I knew the words to just about every song.  My dad still does impressions of Donald Duck and Jaq from Cinderella.  We have inside jokes that are still told to this day.  It's something that we are passing down to my sister's kids.

My older cousin, Daniel lived in Searcy.  His mom made a lot of money, so he and his brothers were always in the know and always had the newest and best everything.  Daniel was the one that told me about subliminal messaging.  I was distraught that naughty things were in my Disney movies.  I tried to look for them.  The only one that I can remember and the only one that I might have seen (if it's a real thing) was in The Lion King when Simba plops down at the top of a hill and pollen or some type of plant material flies up into the air and possibly has the slight resemblance of the word "sex" as if written by a drunk four year old.










*Note: In my search for a pic, I discovered that Cinderella Jack is a type of marijuana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Japan in America: What are some of the most influential Japanese exports in America?

1. Hello Kitty When I first started giving this some thought, I wanted to see what I could think of on my own before doing any research.  He...