When my mom learned that she was pregnant with me, she started buying Little Golden Books. She would get one every time she went to a store that had them. Back then, they were a dime or a quarter (I can't remember which she said). Mom or Dad read one of these to me every day. I think these are good for kids because they are just the right length.
The Big Brown Bear was my favorite. These books are another thing that brought my family together. They still are. Now, my mom and dad read them to my nephew and two nieces when they visit. These books are still influencing my family. It's neat that something that me and my sister loved as children is loved by her children, as well. The only bad thing I can say about them is that they cost about $5 these days.


No comments:
Post a Comment