Monday, December 7, 2020

Personal Influence - Anime/Manga

 

Black Clover


These are all pictures from some of my favorite anime--screenshots from the shows and some fan art from deviantart.com.  I got into anime about ten to fifteen years ago and manga just a couple of years ago.  These jewels from Japan have introduced me to the Japanese culture.  It's something that I've come to love; something that I learn from with every experience.  I'm able to connect to these characters, but it is different from the cartoons that I grew up with; there is an entirely new depth added with the Japanese culture and history.



by bhavya


As I've said a few times before in this class, Black Clover is one of my favorites.  I watch the anime (waiting on pins and needles for the new episodes to air on Tuesdays).  I've also started reading the manga.  It still amazes me how accurately the anime keeps with the manga.  Anyway, it's about Asta--a boy (the only person in the world) with no magical power and his journey to become the Wizard King along side his fellow Black Bulls.




Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Demon Slayer is about Tanjiro a boy who returns home one day to find his family had been slaughtered.  The only person still alive is his sister, but she has been turned into a demon.  Tanjiro's mission is to find the demon (who is the demon among demons, original demon) that turned her and have him turn her back.  He becomes a demon slayer to accomplish this goal.




Blue Exorcist will always have a special place in my heart.  Naruto was shoved into my life because it's Naruto; a lot of people start there.  Blue Exorcist was the first that I chose to watch after researching all the anime I could find.  I found it on my own.  I also started reading the manga.  I am farther into the Blue Exorcist manga than any others.

by KazumiMai





MHA is a neat show.  I like that sometimes people's quirks don't necessarily make them powerful.  Sometimes their quirks don't work well with their bodies.  Deku destroys his body when he first gets his quirk.  Uraraka throws up if she uses her too much.  Aoyama gets the shits if he uses his too much and he has to use a special piece of equipment to control it.  Yeah, characters in this show/manga can be powerful, but they are all humans and have to deal with everything that comes along with being human and maybe more depending on their quirk.  I have only read the first volume of this manga.  My favorite character is Bakugo.  He's an asshole, but I feel he's got more depth that any of the other characters.




I've read the first volume of the Fire Force manga.  The anime is something that I eagerly await to come out every Friday.  It is set in a post-apocalyptic Japan.  A religion took advantage of what they call The Great Cataclysm that happened 250 years ago.  The Fire Force is just figuring out that what they know and have been taught about their history is a lie.  Arthur is my favorite character because he lives in his own world and is the "Knight King."  Shinra created a manual on how to deal with Arthur, so if anyone not from their squad had to work with him, they would be able to if they followed his manual.  It's hilarious.

Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail


Fairy Tail is one of my favorites because it's a group of outcasts that work together.  It gives me that good feeling in my chest when I see this.  I've mentioned this feeling before.  I wish there was a name for it.  There might be.  Anyway, Fairy Tail is about wizards.  They get into all kinds of shenanigans; especially, Natsu and Happy.  It's very entertaining.  There is this running gag where the extremely powerful Natsu cannot overcome his motion sickness.







Of course, Naruto.  This seems like the starter anime.  It was for me.  It has lots of good feelings and hilarity.  It was my first step into the world of anime and manga and my introduction to Japanese culture.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Japan in America: What are some of the most influential Japanese exports in America?

1. Hello Kitty When I first started giving this some thought, I wanted to see what I could think of on my own before doing any research.  He...